- a senior research associate and 2014 DECRA awardee in the Climate Change Research Centre at University of New South Wales (UNSW).
- undertaken two postdocs at the CSIRO division of Marine and Atmospheric Research, as well as the ARC Centre of Excellence for Climate System Science.
- Due to her research activities and communication profile, Sarah was named a 2013 NSW Young Tall Poppy.
- Her research interests reside in heatwaves. Sarah has investigated trends in heatwaves both globally and over Australia, as well as exploring the role of human activity behind such changes. Her research program includes understanding future changes in heatwaves, and how they may be driven by humans, as well as meteorological systems and natural climate phenomena.
- Sarah has a new educational website Scorcher, which is an interactive map showing where heatwaves are currently occurring around Australia, as well as displaying past heatwave events.
- Sarah also has her own blog site called sarahinscience
BZE Radio: June 2015